Unfortunately, powdered egg white is like $22 for this can that is barely bigger than a tuna can. Forget it! So, I decided that if I can eat a caesar salad legally, why not just use an actual egg white? So on we go with the story.
For those of you who fear consuming a raw egg white, you might as well give up now. Close your browser, watch PBS or whatever you do, no Orange Julisy for you.
Why Orange Julisy? Well, it ain't an actual Orange Julius; I'm sure that's a trademarked term and what not. But this is like 95% close, and I think you'll like it. Anyhow, on we go.
- 1 egg white. I suggest you use a pasteurized egg
- 2 oranges, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Da Vinci sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 1 good squeeze of blue agave syrup (yes, that is along with the Da Vinci syrup)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup cold water. Ice cold.
- 1-1/2 cup ice
- Add the ingredients in the order listed
- Blend for one cycle using the "Smoothie" setting
- You'll get maybe two 16-ounce servings with a tad left over.
This will be a tad foamy, it might be that I should stop the blending process before it finishes. But you'll be liking the taste, as I think you'll agree that it is a darn near clone of the real thing. In the convenience of your kitchen, to boot. Oh, and did you notice that unlike the real thing, this one has only the sugars of the two oranges and a squeeze of blue agave syrup? I would dare to say this might even be healthy, but I'll leave that up to the nutritionists. All you gotta do is enjoy, that is, if you get over the raw egg white. Pasteurized, that is.