So, without too much fanfare, and no pictures, here is an example recipe I'll toss out:
Mock Yogurt Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 block soft tofu. I used Tacoma Tofu, and really like it.
- One orange, peeled of course
- Handful of washed green spinach leaves
- One scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Big ol' load of frozen strawberry pieces to top it off. Maybe what, 2 cups worth?
- Put this stuff into your hand Blendtec Total Blender in the order listed
- Blend for two cycles on the "Smoothie" setting. Why two cycles? I've found that when you got a lot of frozen strawberry, two cycles assures it all gets blended up. Of course, if you like it with more texture, one cycle will do you fine.
So anyhow, that basic recipe will give you a berry smoothie that you will have a hard time believing does not contain yogurt. Somehow, the acid in the orange and the smooth texture of the tofu work their magic together, and you get a really great smoothie out of it.