|Pineapple Cherry Power Breakfast,|
with Giovanni Cat in background
Some folks might wonder what is up with the orange peel. Orange peel in a smoothie drink provides a more intense orange flavor, and there are purported health benefits to orange peel. You can feel free to omit the peels, but I've been using them since the first time I tried them. They add the "Bam!" to any smoothie.
Anyhow, here is the recipe:
- 3 mandarin oranges ("Cuties"). Wash the outsides first.
- 1/2 of the peel from one of those mandarin oranges
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup (or big ol' glob) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla-flavored whey protein
- 1 cup (or big ol' handful) spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup or so of frozen pineapple chunks. Maybe 1-1/2 cup.
- 1 cup or so of frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon Chao Thai coconut cream powder (optional)
- Add ingredients in the order listed
- Using your handy Blendtec Total Blender, run for two cycles on the "Smoothie" setting
- If you use the classic Four-Side blender body, it should be filled up pretty much to the top. Three or four glasses, depending on the size of your glass.